Executive coaching is a tailored, one-on-one process that supports and develops senior managers and leaders in the workplace. It is distinct from other service professions such as counselling, mentoring, consulting and training. It involves partnering with individual clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. The process enables self-reflection and often unlocks previously untapped sources of imagination, productivity and leadership.
How can executive coaching help my leaders succeed?
Executive coaching provides a safe and confidential environment for leaders to discuss real-life job challenges, opportunities and development objectives. It is a collaborative process focused on helping executives be the best leader they can be. A trained and experienced executive coach can effectively help your leaders to:
- Identify clear and measurable development goals
- Create strategies to achieve those goals
- Specify the support network needed for them to be successful
- Incorporate development goals into a robust personal development plan
- Grow leadership skills by targeting specific competencies for development
- Review progress over a specified period of time against goals determined at the outset of a coaching process
Approaches to coaching vary:
GROW is a coaching model loved by the coaching community. With its four deceptively simple steps, GROW has proved successful all over the world. It forms the backbone of coaching in many organizations globally and provides a simple and effective process.
RELATIONAL COACHING is another approach, deep and sophisticated which emphasizes the interpersonal aspects of the endeavour. Rather than focus on actions, it places relationships at the heart of the coaching activity. They are used to build confidence and commitment to growth, feed the hopes of coachees and consider success from the coachees perspective as much as the organisations. In relational coaching, the relationship between the coach and the coachee is critical to success.
What are the benefits for my business?
Investment in executive coaching reaps a number of measurable rewards for the organization, including:
- Boosting the performance of the organization through enhancing the performance of already high-performing leaders
- Accelerating leadership growth for high potential employees
- Helping on-boarding and integration of new leaders into the organization
- Supporting leaders’ transition effectively into mission critical roles
- Helping retain top talent by showing commitment to people’s personal development.
If you would like more information on executive coaching, we can help. It starts with a free consultation which you can arrange by contacting us here.
Article Written by Barbara Rozin.